Shenandoah Moon – Specializing in fair trade, locally made, and distinctive clothing.
Announcing our new Winter Hours:
Shenandoah Moon is a small shop in beautiful downtown Luray with so much to offer. Our merchandise reflects a sincere concern for the environment and social responsibility.
We specialize not only in “Shenandoah Valley Made” merchandise, but products with a global flavor.
Many of the companies we buy from are certified fair trade companies and support artisans from Asia, Africa, and South and Central America.
We even make our own bags from recycled magazines pages for your smaller purchases.
- We support local artists and young entrepreneurs, and feature jewelry made by more than a dozen local artists, including several high school students.
- Each of our talented staff members display and sell their elegant or whimsical designs in the shop.
- Check out our beautiful hand-knitted hats, fingerless gloves or scarves made by our knitting teacher Carol.
- We stock the intricately stitched shoulder bags made by Hmong needleworkers from North Carolina.
- We carry a broad range of locally-made American Girl doll clothes including adorable bikinis and party dresses.
- Our selection of Rustic Mountain Soaps are made in Luray by Kim.
- Take home a jar of local jam, syrup, or a hand-made candle from Debbie Fox of Millcroft Farms, located a few miles down the road in Stanley.
- If you’re looking for yarn, we carry a selection of hand-dyed yarns from Misty Mountain Farm and roving from Melissa at Wild Hare Studio of Front Royal.
- Shenandoah Moon carries a line of contemporary fair trade casual hoodies, scarves, and knit hats and headbands made in Nepal by Windhorse.
- Our popular hand-dyed rayon batik tunics, skirts, tops, and dresses are made in Bali for Lost River Trading Company, and flatter all figures from Small to 3X.
- Are you looking for quality, affordable sterling silver and gemstone jewelry? Or trendy fashion designs?
- You’ll find our broad selection of jewelry in many price ranges to please even the most discriminating consumer.
- We source our silver jewelry from Poland, Mexico, Bali, Thailand and India.
- Our fashion and ethnic jewelry comes from Nepal, the Middle East, Indonesia, Guatemala, Peru, and China.
- Our wide selection of freshwater pearl jewelry is suitable for work or casual wear.
- If you are looking for bridal jewelry, check out our selection of pearls for the bride and her attendants, or ask about custom-designed jewelry.
- In our bead room you’ll find affordable short strands of a wide variety of semi-precious gemstones in all colors of the rainbow, and full and short strands of freshwater pearls.
- We carry Toho seed beads in four sizes and many colors, magatamas, Czech firepolished rounds, novelty glass beads, and a wide selection of tools and pewter and plated metal beads and findings.
- Our selection of yarn includes a small but diverse selection of wool and variegated yarns for felting, specialty yarns, and unusual yarns for embellishment.
- In addition to the items listed above, we carry gifts for guys, and Klutz activity books for children and teens.
- Our fair trade items include business card holders, soapstone carvings, and yarn, roving, and felted bags from Frabjous Fibers.
We host private parties for up to 12 in our cozy classroom, the perfect way to make your visit to the shop or Luray memorable.
You and your family or friends will have fun and create lasting memories while you make a work of art that you can enjoy for years.
Our most popular event is the silk dyeing class, where no creativity is needed — Susan guides you through making two gorgeous hand-dyed silk scarves.
Often students are so thrilled with the results that they make additional scarves as gifts.
Parties require a minimum of four, and can sometimes even be scheduled with as little as 48 hours notice.