Main Street Closed for Bridge Replacement BUT Shenandoah Moon is Still OPEN!
It is official, Main Street is closed from Hawksbill (the street just above the shop) to the other side of the Creek, and will be for six to nine months while the bridge is demolished and replaced.
So getting here will be a lot trickier and confusing than it used to be. If you are coming from East Main, take 340 North to a Left on Mechanic Street. Then turn Left on Bank Street, then another Left on Main Street and go downhill a block to the corner of the building the shop is located on.
Currently there are parking spaces on Hawksbill beside the shop, and in the public parking lot behind the shop. Hopefully there will be a few spots in front on Main — we will post information on Facebook once the Town finalizes this and we have details.
In the meantime, we are still OPEN Thursday, Friday, & Saturday from 11am-5m. I am here most of the other days, so if you plan to be here on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, please email me in advance and I will do my best to open – it is NOT a bother, and I am happy to coordinate my time here to work with yours.
Some other great news! Cathie Miranda Potterylady now has lots of her beautiful pottery for sale at the Art & Artisan’s Gallery, on East Main Street across from Performing Arts Luray – the gallery is open Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Luray Chosen as One of 20 Best Small Towns in US to Visit
Hurray for Luray! Smithsonian Magazine just voted our charming town as one of the 20 best small towns to visit in 2018. Though outdoor activities reign supreme in Page County during the warmer months, Luray has a dynamic arts community, and opportunities to enjoy art and cultural programs abound year-round.
Please see the article below for details about what the Page Valley Arts Council is doing to make your next visit to the Luray area more interesting.
NEW Ways to Enjoy Art & Music!
wants YOU to experience art, either by watching it being made, or by rolling up your sleeves and creating it yourself.
Saturday afternoons, stop by the weekly pottery-making or other hands-on event or demonstration at the Warehouse Art Gallery. Join the Mixed Media group here at Shenandoah Moon the first and third Thursday of each month for a different creative activity, and at the Art and Artisan’s Gallery for a similar studio activity on the alternating Thursdays. Stevens Cottage in the Town of Shenandoah and Hawksbill Trading Company in Luray also have a monthly arts program or class. And of course we offer classes and private parties.
For details on Page County’s live music, concerts, performances, and other art-related activities, visit pagevalleyartscouncil.org.
Summer Classes & Programs
Here is the line-up of summer classes, please call or email to reserve your seat. Some of the classes are so new that we don’t have photos or descriptions of the class projects yet. We will post them on Facebook and our website soon – or call 540-743-5810 if you can’t wait!
- Saturday, July 21, 10am-12:30pm, Perfect Wire Earrings Using a Jig, $25
- Saturday, July 21, 1-3pm, FREE Essential Oils Class
- Saturday, July 28, 11am-1pm, Sit & Knit
- Thursday, August 2, 1-3pm, Mixed Media: Acrylic Pouring with Lucia King
- Friday, August 3, 2-4pm, Free Form Wrapped Sea Glass Pendant, $20
- Saturday, August 4, 11am-1pm, Intro to Bracelet Making, $18 plus beads
- Thursday, August 9, 1-3pm, Incorporating Leather into your Jewelry,$20 plus beads
- Saturday, August 11, 10am-12:30pm, Intro to Earring Making, $25
- Saturday, August 11, 1-3pm, FREE Essential Oils Class
- Thursday, August 16, 1-3pm, Mixed Media Activity
- Sunday, August 19, 1pm, Using Suede Lace in Jewelry-making,$20 plus pendant
- Thursday, August 23, 2pm, Egyptian WireWork Bracelet. $35
- Saturday, August 25, 11am-1pm, Sit & Knit
- Saturday, September 1, 11am-4pm, Open Silk Scarf Dyeing, $28
- Sunday, September 2, 11am-3pm, Open Tie Dye BYO T-shirt or Baby Onesie, $15
- Thursday, September 6, 1-3pm, Mixed Media Activity
Please call early to reserve your spot!
Remember, if you can get 3 or 4 of your friends together for a private party, you can plan it anytime that is convenient for you!
Pre-registration is required for these classes.