Detour, New Business & BIG Sale!
The Main Street bridge closed down in June, but WE are still OPEN. We hope that YOU will persevere and visit us despite the confusing detour. You can now park across the street from the shop entrance behind the detour sign, in six parking spots especially for retail customers. We are open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and most Sundays or by chance or appointment. Hope you can find your way to us soon!
Attention bird and wildlife enthusiasts! Jennifer Westhoff, owner of Raptor Hill Falconry, recently opened her bird sanctuary west of Luray to the public. Jennifer teaches classes and other pre-scheduled events for two or more people – check out https://www.raptorhill.com for details. Compass Tea Room will also open in September, details coming soon.
Who doesn’t like a good sale? It’s time to snap up some incredible deals with sales of 75% off select clothing and beads, and 50% off sea glass jewelry, dog and cat items and more!. When sales get this good, the best things don’t last long, so stop in soon.
New Classes & Other Art Events
Can’t paint? Can’t draw? You are more artistic than you think!
We promise that YOU can create an abstract work of art with the help of our new instructor Lucia King.
Join her to learn the secrets of art’s hottest new trend “Acrylic Pouring” on Saturday, Sept 8 at 1pm. Space is limited to eight, so sign up early, check out our Facebook page for more photos.
Making art can be rewarding and therapeutic, even for non-artists, and Lucia has put together a series of free-standing classes on Sunday afternoons that will “Awaken Your Inner Artist”. Students will explore negative space, gesture, composition, and value and perspective in the four Sunday sessions starting September 16.
Here is the class listing for the rest of September, check Facebook for updates and more photos. Please call 540-743-5810 for reservations or email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
September Classes and Events:
- Thursday, Sept 6, 2-4pm, Mixed Media, Composition and Design, call for details
- Saturday, Sept 8, 1-3pm, Acrylic Pouring with Lucia, $15 plus $15 supply fee to make sample and one project. $10 each additional project, Limit 8 students
- Sunday, Sept 9, 1-3pm, Beaded Leather Wrap Bracelet, $10 plus beads
- Thursday, Sept 13, 1-3pm, Gemstone & Leather Necklace, $15 plus supplies
- Friday, Sept 14, 3-5pm, Impressionist T-shirt with Alcohol Inks, $18 plus BYO T-shirt
- Saturday, Sept 15, 11am-1pm, Sit & Knit; 1-3pm Free Essential Oil Class
- Sunday, Sept 16, 1-3pm, Awaken Your Inner Artist: Negative Space, $15 plus $5 supplies
- Thursday, Sept 20, 2-4pm, Mixed Media: Miniature Needle-felted Critter, call for details
- Saturday, Sept 22, 10am-noon, Wire Work Rings, $15 plus $5 supplies
- Sunday, Sept 23, 1-3pm, Awaken Your Inner Artist: Gesture, $15 plus $5 supplies
- Saturday, Sept 29, 2-4pm, Opening Reception, COLOR Exhibit, Warehouse Art Gallery
- Sunday, Sept 30, 1-3pm, Awaken Your Inner Artist: Composition, 15 plus $5 supplies
“COLOR” Art Show at the Warehouse Art Gallery
Color Art Exhibition Newly-formed Page Valley Arts has a fall line-up of some spectacular events, including our first ever Art Show.
The theme is “COLOR”, and the show will kick off on Saturday, September 29 at the Warehouse Art Gallery with an opening reception from 2-4pm.
Dozens of artists, in a variety of media, will inspire you with their colorful art at the Warehouse through the end of October.
Be sure to stop in and enjoy this exhibit, and vote for your favorite!
While you are in town, check out the performances, concerts, and other events in September at https://pagevalleyartscouncil.org and sign up for Page Valley Art’s monthly newsletter there as well.
Construction & Cocktails
Help us celebrate the beginning of bridge construction!
The Luray Downtown Initiative is hosting a fundraiser “Construction & Cocktails” on Thursday, September 27.
Tickets are $50 per person, and all monies raised will go toward facade improvement in the downtown area.
We still have a few tickets left at the shop, email me if you want some.