New Year News & Changes
I hope 2018 was amazing for you, and want to wish you a fabulous 2019!
As I look back over the past few years I realize how thankful I am to have you as a customer. I am also thankful you came into Shenandoah Moon and continue to read the newsletters.
I am appreciative of all the support you have given me and the shop, whether you are a new customer or have been one for years. I have been truly blessed to have met you and gotten to know you.
But looking ahead, I also realize that it is time for a change. When Shenandoah Moon opened more than nine years ago, West Main Street was a much more vibrant location. The Apple Cottage Health Food Store was across the street, and Brown’s Restaurant was a few doors down. The empty building across the street had just been purchased and renovations had begun. A few years later, Hunt & Peck opened and brought more vitality to this end of Main Street.
But, now the restaurant and Apple Cottage are gone, Hunt & Peck has moved to a new location, and the building across the street is still vacant. The closing of Main Street in mid-2018 for the bridge demolition has been devastating, cutting Shenandoah Moon off from most of the rest of downtown Luray.
In order to work smarter, not harder, we’ll be making these changes in 2019:
- gradually shifting sales from our brick & mortar location to the Internet.
- reducing shop hours to Saturdays only, or by chance or appointment.
- launching my designs under “Shenandoah Valley Made” (SVM), which will be marketed throughout Virginia via the Internet.
- contacting nearby museums, bead shops, and other businesses to carry SVM designs and to teach classes.
- Shenandoah Moon will still be in Luray, and open every Saturday.
- The Mixed Media group will still meet the first and third Thursday of each month.
- The monthly free Essential Oils classes and Sit & Knit sessions on Saturdays will also continue.
- For now, plans will be to restock some of our best selling lines, including Parsley & Sage tunics and Firefly jewelry. Some of the less popular lines will be phased out, and that means deals for you!
On Sale Now
Check the Shenandoah Moon Facebook page for sales of select lines or items at 25%, 50%, 75%, and 90% off.
This Saturday, January 5,.enjoy 25% off all Britt’s Knits popular three button gloves and men’s gloves, 50% off all adorable girls and boys hats.
Also 90% off all Klutz activity books for girls 8-10 years old — seriously, at about $2 a book or less, you can’t pass up this deal!
January Classes & Events
Please call 540-743-5810 or email to reserve your seat for the classes.
- Thursday, January 3
12 noon, Mixed Media Explorations, experimenting with felting
- Saturday, January 5
11am, Rolling pins, bubble wrap, & wool, aka Felted Flowers, $20 (save $8!), includes all materials to make a gorgeous felted flower. See photo on Facebook.
- Saturday, January 12
1pm, FREE Essential Oils class
- Thursday, January 17
12 noon, Mixed Media Explorations, needle felted project, price tba
- Saturday, January 19
11am, Leather & Gemstone or Pearl Earrings & Bracelet, $28 (save $7) includes all supplies to make a pair of trendy earrings and your choice of a bracelet or necklace.
- Saturday, January 26
11am, Sit & Knit
1pm, “Stained Glass” alcohol ink Candleholder
Class List for Private Parties
Wow! When I put together the list of our workshops, I was amazed at how many different ones we offer!
Our classes last between 2 and 3 hours and participants usually take home a finished product.
- Introductory & Intermediate Jewelry
- Wire Jewelry & Wire Wrapping
- Leather Jewelry
- Silk Dyeing, Wool Dyeing
- Fabric Embellishment
- Acrylic Paint Pouring
You can arrange any of these workshops at your convenience. Just grab at least three of your friends, relatives or co-workers, pick a date, and email or call us to schedule a private party.
Some classes can be done in your home or place of business but others, such as the dyeing classes, can only be scheduled for the shop.
For a more detailed list and prices, please check out our website here.
Bridge Construction Progress